Writing after a great three day weekend!!! Created great memories with friends and family and learned something new about Nick (he is not a fan of the doctor or needles)
This Saturday I was in one of my best friend’s wedding. I am so happy for Erika and Jimmy they are an amazing couple and their wedding was perfect. On Sunday my cousin Angie got married so happy she got the wedding she has always wanted. We had such a great weekend filled with love. You can’t help but feel all mushy when you’re at a wedding. At least I can’t!! At my cousins wedding I got asked the dreaded question, while at least for me anyways. My cousin that I hadn’t seen in a while says “haven’t you and Nick been married a while, when are the little ones coming”. Normally my response is not right now, we are waiting a little. I’m proud to say, this time I said “Soon!! Hopefully very very soon.”
We took yesterday off work to recoup from our busy weekend. But we also know that we are going to be taking off a lot of time from work during the IVF cycle so we thought we should get some of the thing on our to do list checked off that the nurse at USC Fertility gave us to do before our next appointment later this month, one of the things on this list was some routine blood work for Nick. Well at least I thought it was routine blood work. For Nick it was much more serious. We found out yesterday Nick doesn’t like the doctors at least when it involves himself!
When we arrived at the doctors everything seemed normal Nick checked in and we sat and waited. Little did I know Nick was really nervous, when he came out from the giving his blood he seemed really anxious. I asked him if he was ok and he told me he was really freaking out in there and he didn’t even know where it came from. I knew going in that Nick had never really been to the doctors in the 7 years we have been together he has only had an ear ache that he went to the emergency for. I am always the sick one I can’t even count the numbers of times I have been to the doctors in the last 6 months more or less the last 7 years. So I have to be honest my thought was “what’s the big deal its only blood.” (I know not so nice) Then he got called back to see the doctors I waited and when he came out he told me the doctor said his blood pressure was threw the roof and that they were going to have to take it again before he left. Luckily they said it was going down so he was able to leave. I felt really bad for thinking it wasn’t a big deal when it was to Nick. We talked about it after and he said going in, he felt fine and before he knew it he was kind of freaking out. Well anyone that deals with anxiety knows it can just sneak up on you. His not sure if it was the needles that freaked him out or the doctors in general. Now we are just hoping when it comes to giving all the shots for the IVF that he will be ok. I guess only time will tell. I think he will do great!


No comments:
Post a Comment