The pharmacy called and let us know what are RE prescribed and let me know they would be sending them over on Tuesday. Although I am so so excited about this and it means it’s really happening this time (knock on wood) it also comes with frustration.
We were blessed to get approved by Compassionate Care program (Life Line) and have most of our meds paid for about $3,000 worth but Life line only pays for certain types of protocols and one my RE has me on, they do not cover. With that said out went another $900. But again I’m thankful I know it could have been much much worse but it kills me that here in California there is no coverage for IVF. Thankfully we had enough money put away so that when are RE told us it was pretty much now or never we were able to go for it but I know not all couples are so lucky and well it really pisses me off. Ok well there is my rant for Monday morning. Hope you all had a great weekend.
Only 7 more days of BCP's!!!! J
4 comments:
Ugh! That stinks that you weren't able to use the money, but thankfully you guys were able to foot the bill. AND 7 days of BCPs left... So exciting!!!!!
That sucks that life line won't pay for it. Did you check with the med company to see if they have an individual program where you could get it at a reduced price? I wrote a post about it a while back...some do...like for Gonal F and stuff. Either way its great that you guys were prepared and able to pay for it to proceed. I mentioned you in my post today by the way. That vid got the best of me. Happy Monday!
Yes im so excited its getting close and it has been nice that we have money put away.
@ Nini they actually did pay for the Gonal F and some of the other meds that why it was only $900 :) and not $3900!
I know how u feel. My insurance here in Arizona did not pay for one cent of our IVF's. Plus I am on a high deductible plan so I have to meet my deductible first for all my blood work. It gets pricey.
Post a Comment