Monday, December 26, 2011

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas

I had amazing past few days filled with family! We laughed we cried and even fought over a few games of Taboo. My family is so darn competitive yes me included. I must tell you the women came out the victors! DH and I received so many gifts you would think we were 10 year old kids both of our families really spoil us (its a little ridiculous) I am so incredibly thankfully, I cant wait until next year I pray and pray this baby(ies) makes it to our arms!! Christmas really is about the kids, watching my niece and nephews face light up after every gift the opened was really priceless!!

I have to share with you one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

DH family is big on Christmas card, my family sent out Holiday cards but they give individual ones to everyone in the family. At first I didnt really understand why but after only one Christmas I realized what a great thing it is. DH family is not big on the lovey dovey or really talking about there feelings this was a bit of a shock to me since I come from a family of drama queens! They use these card to really thank each other for the year that has passed. The all spend hours looking for the perfect cards. When everyone reads there cards before they open present you can see the tear in there eyes, those Christmas cards mean the world to them. With a year full of up and down those cards were my favorite Christmas gift. DH Dads card made me cry, ok they all made me cry. Than I got to DH's card to me. I cried one of those uglies cries.  I know this is a tradition I will always carry on in my family.

I am so thankfully for another year with my family, friends and most of all DH.

2 comments:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

I love the Christmas Card part, it seems very special that each person puts a lot of thought into it. Glad you both had a wonderful Christmas! Scott and I were just a spoiled this year too! :) Happy New Year!

Kristen said...

The Christmas cards sound so wonderful!
Good luck at your U/S tomorrow!!!