We did our day3 transfer this past Saturday. The whole experience was pretty amazing! I know it is a day DH and I will never forget. We transferred two perfect Grade A 8 cell embryos with no fragmentation. The RE said they were gorgeous. The embryologist said they all looked great and they were able to freeze the other 4.
Here they are!
The day wouldn’t have been normal if everything went smoothly. So of course true to my nature there were a few “issues.” The day started at about 5:15am in the morning I had a scheduled acupuncturist appointment at 5:45. My acupuncturist had just moved to a new office the day before when she got to the office her keys didn’t work. So around 5:30 she called and asked if we could just do it at my home which I was fine with me. I was just a little worried we would be late. She finally got to my place around 6:00. I was completely freaking out. It threw off are whole scheduled but, she did a great job at relaxing me. When it was all done DH and I ran out the door. It’s at least an hour in a half drive to our RE office so I started drinking water on the way in. Unfortunately smarty pants me decided to take my antibiotics with nothing in my stomach, cue nausea. By the time we got to the office nausea was in full force. I actually threw up in the parking lot (I know TMI I’m sorry). Nothing but water which of course freaked me out, I was so worried my bladder wouldn’t be full enough so I chugged another water bottle in a half (wasn’t great for the nausea). Thankfully a few stick of mint gum seem to do the trick and by the time I got called back to our room that nausea seem to go away. Than my a new RE that I had meet once before came in. He is a nice guy and really made me and Nick feel comfortable. Once the procedure started things got interesting. Apparently I have a tilted uterus not your average tilted uterus a SERIOUSLY tilted uterus. He did another mock transfer and things didn’t go too smoothly. 45 minutes later with a new larger catheter and new clamps and my chair/bed lifted about 4 feet in the air the RE was finally comfortable. Unfortunately the only was the RE could see the screen was by barley pocking his head threw my legs. It was a sight to see DH me and the other doctor got a little bit of a chuckle out of it. Which was followed by the RE saying “no laughing the catheter is slipping out” he actually said I would prefer if you didn’t breath but I don’t think that possible. Cue laughing. The RE actually called a time out and said we should all re-group. Which we did and he was finally able to transfer our beautiful little embies (I’m in love). This whole has experience has been crazy to say the least but, those moment after the transfer were pure bliss. It was such an amazing experience. I forgot to mention that when the RE left he put on some “mood” music and deemed the lights. It seemed weird at the moment but it was a very intimate time for DH and I one I know we will never forget.
Now we wait our first BETA appointment is Monday December 12 so, as of today we have a 1 week wait.
Oh and the embryologist said that I get the award for cutest socks! I was pretty jazzed about that!

11 comments:
Way to go that is such awesome news Jessica!! I'm going to be crossing my fingers, saying those prayers and following your countdown to Monday.
I also have a very tilted uterus & cervix. I'm not sure how bad mine is like numberwise but I know I've been told that's why my paps always hurt. So I'm guessing when we do our transfer it may probably be a pain in the butt too. Bummer. But your RE and all the staff seem so nice.
So glad everything went well! One more week!!!!!
what beauties! So excited for you and praying hard!!!
They are beautiful! I'm so sorry that your day started with a bit of stress, but am glad that everything worked out. Rest up, and wait for those little guys to snuggle in tight! Lots of prayers sent your way for a restful and calm week.
I love this story! what an awesome experience! except for the illness of course but what an amazing moment! crossing my fingers for you this week!!
Those are gorgeous! I think I have embryo envy! Mine looked nothing like that! You certainly got the quality you were looking for and 4 to freeze! Wow! You're sooo getting pregnant! :) Good luck this week!
Oh Jessica, they are beautiful!! Congratulations!
I left you an award on my blog. If you're up for a distraction, come see what's up.
Congrats on the great embryos and successful transfer. May your wait be a short one.
Yay! Beta Monday already! SO exciting. Thinking of you dear. xoxo
Beautiful embabies! Are you going to POAS before your beta?
Thanks so much for your support! ! This week has been intense I never realized how hard it would be.
Post a Comment