Monday, April 2, 2012

Scared.

Im not sure were to even start this but I will say it has been a rough week. Apparently my OB new something I didnt a few weeks ago. When I went in to the office on Thursday he told me my cervix had shortened to 2.9 when I went in to Labor and Delivery on Sunday (Yes Labor and Delivery) the OB said his notes said 1.9. Im pretty sure I would have remembered 1.9. She said it was now 2.35 so do I freak out or feel better if it really was 1.9 than I should be happy if it was 2.9 this is awful there was only 3 days in between scans. My OB placed me on progesterone suppositories and strict bed rest. I just dont know if its working or not!!! Its ridiculous! I am a complete basket case. I asked the OB at Labor and delivery about putting in a Cerclage she said they dont do that with twins. Than she looked me dead in the face and said look if you are going to lose these babies there is nothing we or you can do now just go home and rest. Are you fucking kidding me!!!!! I was in such a world wind of emotions I swear in that moment I lost all faith. Is there really nothing that can be done? I mean come on just lay down and hope for the best? Give me a break I will be harassing my OB office once it opens and pray and pray these babies stay in and bake as long as they can!

5 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Thinking of you and praying everything is fine with your little babes! I've heard of lots of women who were in a very similar situations and ended up delivering perfect babies very close to their due dates after strict bed rest and close monitoring.

Jesica said...

So sorry to hear this! Praying hard for you that bed rest will lengthen that cervix and you hold those babies in for many more months still!!!

MaryMargaret said...

I am so sorry- I know how terrified you must be. Progesterone is supposed to be great at keeping your cervix stable. Rest up, and know that there is nothing you can do to fix this but pray, try to relax (yeah right!) and wait it out. It just sucks. I asked about a cerclage when my cervical length dropped and was told no also. I will say that keeping off of my feet helped tremendously, though. Please keep us updated on what your OB says! As an aside, why were you in L&D?! No bueno.

Megan said...

I am so sorry. I hope the bed rest will help. Thinking of you and the babies!

Jesica said...

Haven't heard from you in awhile, just wondering if everything is ok?