Saturday, March 24, 2012

Slight Break down

Ok let my start off by saying- Those of you that are expecting twins and are not passed your 20 week mark might not want to read this. My OB ever so kindly freaked the shit out of me yesterday (Pardon the language) and I don't want to add to any of your stress because I know we all have enough! Second Im going to say I really do like my Dr. Ok now on to the break down.

I had a check up with my OB yesterday and I was very calmly sitting in the cold office naked mind you. Well I guess I wasn't naked I had a snazzy gown on but I still felt naked. When my OB walked in and said your here and your pregnant! GREAT!  Follow by "you don't know how many twin pregnancy are lost during weeks 18-20 and for no real reason first some cramping than a little blood than BAM pregnancy lost!"

Ok seriously? A nice hello would of been just flippin fine!

Before I could even get a word out my legs were up in those lovely stir up and wandy was paying me a visit. Thankfully my cervix still looked perfect it measured at 3.5 once again. He didnt do a regular ultra sound so I just seen the bottom of one of my little lovies moving around.

After he was done with that he asked me if I was still working. I let him know that I was and he said "oh no, no more of that" You have about two more weeks and I am taking you off." Wait, what? I mean like for serious? I have to admit I was shocked, I mean I knew there was a chance to be taken out early but at 21 weeks? I asked him why. He told me he has seen to many complication pop up to quickly with twin pregnancy and stress has a lot to do with it and he does not want to risk it. He let me know he knew how hard we have worked for this and he is going to do everything he can to have us bring these babies home. He gave me his personal line to his office which if any of you lovely ladies have Kaiser you know this is not something Drs normally do.

Before I left he just reminded me that the next few weeks are crucial and he wanted me to take it easy whenever I could. Mind you he told me this after he told me he will be taking me off work in two weeks. I work for a non-profit residential facility for adolescent teens (we house about 70 teens) I am our Office Coordinator and I am pretty much the only person that does my job, which pretty much is all the paper work for the courts,social workers, probation officers, of our billing to the state and all prep work for audits and thats just half of it. Our big yearly audit is in May!! Ahhhh I am freaking it out just typing this out.

Lets say I wasnt prepared for this!!

These babies come first and I am going to follow Dr. orders I'm just not sure how I am going to take it easy the next few weeks while I am preparing to be away for my job for oh what 7-8 months!

I am just feeling completely overwhelmed and not really sure were to start I don't even want to go to the office on Monday!

Oh and it looks like I will be visiting my great OB office weekly now! Ok I'm rambling!

6 comments:

Jesica said...

Even if you like him...what an ass! And what is with the losing babies between 18-20 weeks! I must admit as I head closer and closer to 24 I could not be more excited to get out of this 2nd scary period that no one tells you about! It's supposed to be out of the first trimester and woohoo! not relax for 4 weeks and then hold your breath again until viability! Goodness!

Anyway, glad to hear your cervix is holding up to the pressure and good luck getting your job sorted out over the next 2 weeks!

Jessica said...

Yes definitely an ass!! I was not happy with him when I left! And seriously I felt comfortable for a few weeks and now its back to freaking out!!

Cristy said...

I'm sorry, but you need a second opinion. He's worried about stressing you out, because it's bad for the twins, after he drops two atomic bombs?!? Not cool. I would contact your RE and ask if they have an opinion on this or if they can recommend another OB/GYN. In the meantime, take care of yourself and your girls.

MaryMargaret said...

Holy crap!! Of course, I had to read the whole post, though I'm "only" 19 weeks. I would have slapped him! Even if this is true, what exactly are we supposed to do about it? Nothing. So why even mention it?

Ok, in happier news, I'm so glad that your cervix behaving and that you really do like your (occasionally asinine) doctor.

waiting and wishing said...

Holy crap! I'm a glutton for punishment so I went ahead and read the whole thing! It is amazing to me how different doctors are- I see mine every four or five weeks at this point and she is constantly telling me, 'this is a normal pregnancy until proven orherwise' the only difference is an ultrasound at every appointment. She does know I have very little stress in my life and have chosen not to work during this pregnancy, so maybe that has something to do with it. I can't believe you're already at weekly appointments and just a couple of weeks away from not working- grow babies, grow!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a dr. that said the same thing to me when I was pregnant with my twins!! And I freaked out too! My normal dr. was out on maternity leave so I had to see a different dr. When my dr. returned, she was perplexed that the other dr. would even say that. It all depends on how things go. If you are feeling great and your cervix is staying nice and long, then my dr. didn't see any reason to stop working. I would recommend seeing another dr.