Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yay I finally have Internet in my room!! So a little update on what landed me in the hospital. On Monday I went in for a check up with my OB when he went to check my cervix as soon as it pooped up on the screen I knew it wasn't good. He did a quick measurement and said I need you to go to Labor and Delivery so, off I went. I was there a few hours when I was told that the Perniatoligist was not in and wouldn't be in until tomorrow so I was to go home and come back and see her on Tuesday. I asked if I was going to have these babies any time soon they said no. So on Tuesday we went in for an appointment with a Perniatoligist. She did a cervical length scan and showed that it had shortened since Monday this is not what we wanted to hear. She told me she would be admitting me and sending in the NICU Dr. to let us know are options. To say it was hard would not even begin to explain the emotions. Thankfully Nick was there to ask all the important questions. He let us know that they do not do anything to save the babies before 25 weeks unless at our request. He than told us about the chances of survival and sever and minor disabilities. He than left us to talk if we were going to ask them to try everything to save our babies they were going to be transferring me to a different hospital that supports babies born before 28 weeks. He left us to discuss what we wanted to do he let us know that nothing we decided was set in stone but if we felt we would possibly want them to intervene if born now I should be transferred he than left me and Nick to talk. When he walked out Nick looked at me and just cried I have never seen Nick look so lost. We both just cried we gathered are selves and tried are best to discus are option we decided we wanted to be transferred. Than thing got interesting they let us know that there were 3 hospitals in the area that supported babies born before 28 weeks one was in our city another was an hour away and another about an hour and a half. They told us the would request the one in our city but there was no way of telling which would have a bed available for twins. I just prayed and prayed it would be the one in our city. My poor husband is going through so much I didn't even want to think of him having to drive a few hours round trip just to see me. It was about 1 in the morning when we found out we would be transferred to the hospital in our city. Thank God!!! So at 2 in the morning I experienced my first ambulance ride its no fun ladies!!

When I got to the new hospital room I realized I went from the Marriott to Motel 6 haha but its OK I'm close to my Hubby and family!

So here I lay, literally! Ever so thankful for each day that passed and my little lovies are still inside baking. We had are break down and now we are ready for a fight. All I can control is my attitude and DAMN IT, I am going to stay positive my little ladies are fighters! After a rough round of IVF and the possibility of the whole thing being scrapped these two have fought and I owe it to them to do the same! Thank you ladies for all your support it really means so much to me and my hubby!

23weeks 3 days!! Bake Babies Bake!!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Stay strong!!! My sister's water broke at 21 weeks and she lasted until 31 weeks and has a healthy baby boy!!! Every day is an accomplishment!!! Start crossing them off on the calender!!!

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

You CAN do this!! Stay strong! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Nic said...

What a shock! Bake babies! X

JustHeather said...

Sending you lots of positive and baking thoughts!

Mrs. H said...

Bake babies bake! Hang in there, I know you're strong and so are these two little ones. You're all in my thoughts.

Megan said...

How scary!!! Just think happy growing thoughts! Take care of yourself!!!!

MaryMargaret said...

I like your attitude- gearing up for a fight sounds like a plan. Keep baking those babies, and know that lots of prayers and positive thoughts are headed you way!