Friday, October 7, 2011

Why not?

I seen an old friend from Junior high last night we only get to see each other a few times a year. This time she brought her 8 month old daughter along she was absolutely adorable she also told me she was 3 months pregnant (yeah it stung a little).  Of course it was followed with we weren’t even trying!! Apparently they had tried for a whole 4 months to get pregnant the first time with an ovulation kit and everything!! (Since my sarcasm) So they didn’t think it would happen so easily. None the less it did but, I am happy for her she is a great mother and I remember even as children her talking about wanting to be a mother.
Ok I got that off my chest. Now, the reason I am actually writing today.
During our conversation she told me about the passing of her cousin that she was close to and something the pastor (also her cousins’ father) said during the funeral service that has really stuck with her and now it has stuck with me. He said he had asked God, WHY? Why my son? Why this way? Why now? When he realized why not? He does funeral services all the time why should he be any different. Why should his family be spared the pain of death? Why should he not lose a son? Why should his sons wife not lose her husband? Why should they not hurt? What makes them different? Nothing!  Her cousin had been married for three years and just started his own business and his band was just about to release their first album and just like that it was taken away.
She told me all she could think about was his wife. She left knowing what he said was true any one of us could be seating in her seat now a widow. There is nothing that makes us different nothing that makes us more deserving of our husband. Of course like with everything in my life right now I thought about me and DH and everything going on in our lives. All the times we have asked God, why?
But why not us? Why should we not bare the struggle so many couples deal with everyday? Why should we not make sacrifices? Why should we not hurt? Than I thought of you, the woman in the blogger world that wake up every day and face the same problem I do. The same worry the same want. Nothing makes me different. In all honesty I am feeling a little proud today I know nothing makes me different nothing makes me more deserving. But I know I have the fight for this. God gave me these struggles because he knows I can handle them he knows we all can handle them.
A few of the ladies I follow are going through the dreaded 2 week wait. You are all in my thoughts.
He never said it would be easy but, it will be worth it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

I have to agree with you...."God never gives us a burden heavier than we can bare". He knows our strength and just when we think we are not strong enough God tells us, yes we are. I just read another IF'ers post today and I was so saddened by her loss I began to ask why Lord, why. This message came right in time.