I went to see my acupuncturist (PAM) yesterday and she told me something that made me cry the whole way home. For the first time in a while they were happy tears.
A little bit of back story:
In my previous post I had written about a ridiculous infection I had gotten near my incision. I had called Pam on Tuesday to let her know I wasn’t going to be able to make my appointment but I would try to be there for my Thursday appointment. She called me Wednesday and yesterday morning to see how I was doing; she really is a sweet woman. On Thursday she was honest and told me “you are going to make it in today, right?” when I told her yes she said “good because I really want to see that thing” (thing being my infection). I laughed a little. Hey, at least she was being honest.
When I got to her office yesterday she pretty much had the same reaction my Dr. had which was wow that’s not pretty. Followed with, does it hurt? I thought me walking in looking like an old lady would have given it away!
My appointment went pretty normal until the end. Pamela has been doing acupuncture for the past 20 years and has specialized in Fertility acupuncture for the last 15 years. She seems to really know her stuff and although she is a little quirky I really trust her. OK OK, I’m going off subject. She had me taking an egg boosting pill that she has had a lot of success with previous patients. I was almost running out and told her I needed to buy another bottle.
Then she told me:
“You know, I don’t think you need to take them. I think that your baby is already out there in the spiritual world and this whole infection and all these problems is the baby getting your body ready for its stay.”
I must have looked at her a little crazy
She told me, “no really I think you’re good” with the sweetest smile on her face. She sounded so sincere when she said it.
I went to my car and cried I don’t know what it was. Call me crazy but something in me believed her.
Regardless if she’s a little out there and feed me a bunch of mumble jumbo. She gave me confidence and she filled me with hope. If all of this pain and sleepless nights means my body is getting ready for my baby or babies. I will be one happy lady.
5 comments:
Sometimes confidence is all you need to keep going and it doesn't matter where you got it from. Glad to hear you have an acupuncturist that is so encouraging!
Sometimes I think that is what we need to have it HOPE and Faith. I cant say enough how these 2 simple mindsets will get you through in life. Take her words and be confident. Blessing to you and Ill pray for you !
I think the ladies are right sometimes all we need is that word of hope or faith. Take heart in what she said. God sends his message through others when he can't speak to us directly.
AW! I LOVE this story! That is super cool. I think they are majorly in tune with what the body does and that is awesome news she felt this way! :)
I am also going to a fertility specialist accupuncture dr and adore her. She sat me down last week and we had a great conv. about how I have my eye on the prize. I WILL have a baby one way or another. She said if it has to be natural we will do everything in this world to make that happen w her help. or if we decide to take the adoption route- either way we will have a our baby soon.
what are you taking for the egg quality?
Thank you for all your kind words, they mean so much to me!
@ Lauren- She has me taking an Egg Booster. It is a mix of Chinese medicine. It is actually her own that she has manufactured. She said a lot of Chinese medicines have you taking a lot of different pills. She doesn’t think that’s good for you. So with her years of experience she created one that has all the key elements (there is no scientific study). It supposed to help with quality and quantity. I’m interested to see how it worked I did not take them before my last attempt at IVF and the Dr. only seen 5 follicles on my day 3 testing. I am keeping my finger crossed that there will be more this time around. I will know in a few short weeks! :)
Post a Comment