I am feeling a little better today about the whole RE thing. I knew I was going to have to see a different RE at the clinic eventually so I guess I might as well get it over with.
But now for my next freak out….
I had my post op yesterday with my OB. He said everything went well during the Laparoscopy and that I did have a lot going on in there. Apparently I had so much scar tissue my fallopian tube had attached itself to just about everything it could. It was attached to my uterus, bowel, bladder and pelvic wall. This explains my 4 hour surgery. He didn’t see anything else when he was in there and said that my uterus looked good to go. Then he told me that my ovary (my only one) was stuck my pelvic wall. Of course I freaked out; I asked him what that meant as far as my IVF. He didn’t think it would be a problem. Unfortunately he is not my RE so he didn’t give me too much comfort.
Of course me being the total spaze that I am went home and tried to Google it every way I could but nothing really came up. I only read one article that said it possibly means they would not be able to reach the ovary vaginally so they would have to do Laparoscopy for the retrieval but this is not as accurate since they are unable to do an ultrasound at the same time (hello sleepless night). So now I went from one freak out to another. I already sent my nurse an e-mail first thing this morning letting her now what my OB told me. I am hoping that I will be hearing back from her shortly letting me know not to worry. (fingers crossed)
Just when you think you’re feeling good….BAM! The roller coaster takes a dive!
1 comment:
Ugh! Always something, huh? I'll be praying that this won't be an issue.
Post a Comment