Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Question?

So to go along with my ridiculous recovery from what should have been a simple Laparoscopy I ended up back at the doctor’s office yesterday with a pretty bad infection near my incision which had me feeling like I had the flu the last few days(fever/vomiting/body aches the works). The DR. put me on antibiotics and I am supposed to have an appointment with a Surgeon next week. Warning this is about to be “TMI”...... Apparently the infection is so bad they want to cut it open and drain out the fluid (yeah gross). I am hoping the antibiotics will clear it up and I won’t have to get that done. In the mean time I am freaking out. I have been working so hard on having a healthy life style leading up to our next IVF cycle. I am a little worried about the antibiotics. The nurse at my clinic told me it would be fine but I’m still worried. I have read a few things (Dr. GOOGLE HAS ME FREAKED OUT AGAIN) online that have me worried. Have any of you taken antibiotics the months leading up to IVF? Should I just leave it alone or bring up my worries to my nurse again?
On top of all this I am really beginning to feel like a bad wife. I know he understands and he is constantly reassuring me that everything is ok and that he understands. I can’t help but feel like I’m neglecting him. Within the last month in a half I have probably only cooked a handful of times. For the most part he has been doing most of the cleaning too. I know this may sound crazy but I have been slacking on making his lunch the night before and I used to do this every day and I feel awful (I think I feel the worse about this).  Between our IVF being cancelled the surgery the complication following the surgery and now this, I have just been out of it. I know I have valid reason for slacking off a bit but, last night I just about lost it when I walked into the kitchen and seen him making his lunch. Hopefully I will be back to myself soon enough and I can make it up to him. In the mean time I’m just hoping he doesn’t run away in the middle of the night!!

1 comment:

waiting and wishing said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the antibiotics. My IVF protocol has me taking antibiotics for like two weeks before I start stims. I'm sure your nurse would have told you if it was going to be an issue! Feel better soon!