Thursday, March 8, 2012

A 4 yr old made me cry

This 4 yr old is my beautiful niece Jocelyn.  She is a little too big for her britches at times. She also has more personality than any little person I know. She stole my heart from the first time I ever held her.
My sister asked me if I could watch her this past weekend. My nephew had a big baseball tournament and she didn’t want Jocelyn to have to hang out at the ball field all day Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully some of my energy has come back so of course I agreed.  Early in the week my sister told Jocelyn that she was going to be going over to her Auntie and Uncle house for the weekend. A few days later my sister over heard Jocelyn having a conversation with my nephew (her brother), apparently she was trying to throw it in her brothers face that she was going to come visit us and he wasn’t. She also told him that she had to come spend time with us because we are going to have two babies and not love her anymore. My sister overheard and interrupted her and told her that wasn’t true that we were always going to love her. She wasn’t convinced. She told my sister she is going to have her own babies so she won’t want to see me anymore. Of course as my sisters telling me this I was an emotional wreck. Jocelyn went on and on about how she won’t be able to come over and take bubble baths or make cupcakes because we will be too busy. It breaks my heart that she thinks this. When she came over this past weekend I tried to make it as special as possible. Of course she got to take her bubble bath and make cup cakes. I asked her if when the babies come if she is going to help me give them there baths and show them how to make cupcakes. She said yes and then asked, I can still come over when the babies are here? I tried to reassure her best I could that she will always be able to come over and there will always be a place for her in my heart. I hope she understood.

Have any of you ladies ran into this problem. Is there ways you helped the little ones in your family feel more involved?

 
  
 
 




Isnt she just the cutest?!?

3 comments:

Lanie said...

Yes, she IS the cutest! She would make me cry too! What a doll. :)

Mrs. H said...

She is such a cutie!! I can't give advice but I think your way of handling it was perfect.

JustHeather said...

I think you handled it perfectly. Just keep reassuring her and make sure to follow through once the twins are here (ok, maybe not during the first month. *grin*)
Very cute!