Monday, March 12, 2012

And I was doing so good....

I had my 16 week check up this past Friday. Everything went good the babies look great and both have strong heartbeats around 150. The both moved plenty which made my Dr. happy. He felt around my stomach and said wow you are growing great. This made me happy. Than he checked my cervix he said it was nice and long and closed than he said it was 3.5cm. I asked him if that was good and he said yes. Of course me being the psycho pregnant women that I am went home and Googled all about cervical length. Some women’s are as long as 5cm (cue freak out). Yes, I also read that a woman cervix can range anywhere between 3 and 5cmm and this is normal. Of course I’m still freaking out because when I Googled cervix length tons of awful horror stories came up about shortening cervix and preterm labor especially with twins. I loved the one about how at 16 weeks her cervix was perfect than at 18 weeks it was almost completely gone and she lost her twins at 19 weeks. I really have freaked myself out. DAMN GOOGLE!!  I know the internet can be an awful thing and those women I read about are not me. The normal sane women in my head knows this, unfortunately that women hasn’t been hanging around much.

4 comments:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

YAY for a great appointment!! BOO for google!!! I HAD to stop googling! There is just nothing good that comes of it! and you know what I told my mom the other week, people write their stories on there that are bad, you never google and see a great happy rainbow and sunshine story, just the ones you really don't want to read that confirm your fears and make you crazy! Try to focus on the positiveness of you appointment! Hang in there girl! I am praying for you!

Mrs. H said...

Step away from the google. I know it's hard but I just had to will myself to stop googling after a while. If he said you're good trust him. Just make sure it's checked regularly.

waiting and wishing said...

Google is the devil!! I'm glad to hear that your appointment went well, are you guys planning to find out the sexes of the babies?

Cristy said...

As hard as this is going to be, avoid Dr. Google for awhile. There's enough material out there to freak you out (which you really don't need to be doing to yourself or the babies). Instead focus on the fact that the appointment went well, the babies are healthy and growing and the future looks very promising