Wednesday, March 7, 2012

16 weeks

Ahhh I’m 16 weeks today… Time really has been flying by I am so thankful that the last month has gone smoothly. After a few scares early on it was really hard for me to enjoy being pregnant. I am happy to report that I am really feeling good and really beginning to embrace being pregnant.
I haven’t gone out and bought anything for them but I have let myself “Google” baby items without feeling guilty (baby steps).  This is a big deal though; I swear anything I ever did baby related was going to make me not pregnant. Every time we would tell someone new I would swear I just cursed myself and after looking something up on the internet I would just feel so guilty. I still get these feeling occasional but it’s not nearly as frequent as it was early on.
Nausea did seem to creep its ugly head back the past week. I thought I was done with throwing up but apparently not. It only happened once but the nausea has been hitting every evening again. It hasn’t been as intense as it was early on.
 I haven’t had any real food cravings but, have any of you tried the new Milk Bite from Kraft? The oatmeal raisin is pretty amazing. It also has the calcium of an 8oz glass of milk. I have really been trying to get in all of my calcium since my co-worker Michelle scared me about the lose teeth.
 I have an OB appointment this Friday. I am really hoping that these little ones are cooperative and we are able to see their genders and that all else looks good. I always get such anxiety before each appointment I’m not sure this will ever go away.

3 comments:

JustHeather said...

Congrats on 16 weeks! It's where I'm at too. :)
I've quickly wandered through the baby stuff in stores a few times and I bought some cloth diapers at a second hand store (brand new!), but that's about all. I just don't know where to start or when to start.
I've got an appointment tomorrow. Just like you, I get a bit of anxiety just before each appointment.
Good luck on Friday! And I really hope the nausea and vomiting don't get too bad.

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Happy 16 weeks! :) Hoping your little ones cooperate for you to find out what they are!!

Mrs. H said...

I'm glad you're starting to ease into feeling happy about being pregnant but I totally understand what you mean about thinking each person you tell would jinx you. I try at all costs to just take things a day at a time. I sometimes have this feeling that thinking too far ahead is going to jinx me.