Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Physically and emotionally drained

Last time I blogged was Thursday the 22nd. I said recovery was going good boy was I wrong. That night I ended up back in the hospital. Apparently during the surgery the tube that was in my throat cut my Uvula. My body was apparently trying to protect the uvula and there was some strange mass that was growing off of the uvula it had grown to almost a 1 ½ Inches and I was pretty much chocking on it. Yes, very gross. When I got to the ER 3 different doctors and about 7 nurses came in and pretty much had the same reaction which was “WOW that’s a nasty looking thing.” Each Dr. tried to pull it off (me screaming in pain) with no success. That thing had really attached itself. Finally a specialist came in and he pretty much scrapped it off (me awake gagging and crying from pain). During the process he applied quite a bit of pressure to my stomach which then opened my incision in my belly button. Yeah it was not a good night. Unfortunately ever since my throat has been in excruciating pain today is the first day I can actually talk without my throat feeling like its on fire. In the last 4 days I think I have slept about 6 hrs and the most of eaten has been a piece of banana (the pain is that bad). I am hoping today is a little better.

On a good note, on top of all of this I got my period (yay me) this means on my next cycle I will start our IVF so we are looking at the middle of October.

Hopefully I will be a little more active in the blogger world once I actually have some energy.

No comments: