I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. It’s still hard to believe IM PREGNANT. I went in for our NET scan yesterday they said everything was good and both measured perfectly. Baby A was pretty stubborn and refusing to stretch out for the ultrasound tech. I could tell the ultrasound tech was getting frustrated. She said Baby A was nice and comfy. After about a half hour or her pushing that probe into my stomach, repeatedly! Baby A finally stretched out. I could see the relief on the techs face. She said I really didn’t think we were going to get the measurement I thought you were going to half to come back. All the pushing freaked me out I know the babies are safe in there but she was really pushing. I asked her if that was normal and she said “YES, when babies are comfy they don’t want to move and sometimes we have to really work at it.” My parents called to see how the appointment went and my dad told me Baby A is a girl and stubborn just like her mom!
It has been so amazing to watch the transformation of our babies the last few months, yesterday I actually seen fingers! I am in awe of what is going on inside my body. It’s still crazy to think that I have these two little babies growing inside of me and I don’t feel them. I can’t wait until I feel that first kick!
I have a question for you ladies. What do you say if someone asked if you’re pregnant and you really not ready to talk about it? For the record if someone has not told you there pregnant it’s because there not or they don’t want you to know! I was asked the other day if I was pregnant. I was sitting in my office with my door shut having lunch when my co-worker walked in. She asked how I was doing and if I was sick. I told her, no I’m not sick just a little tired. She stared at me and said are you pregnant? I got a little flustered I had no idea where this was coming from and just said I’m not sick. She looked at me and her word “I want to know, are you pregnant?” I was a little taken back and then said, yes. She said “Oh yeah, you can tell in your face.” This is not a co-worker I am close with and we don’t even work in the same building. I kindly asked her not to tell anybody, she said why aren’t you excited? I explained to her that I was very excited but we are still early on and I wasn’t ready for everyone to know. The whole conversation was just really uncomfortable, I felt cornered. This isn’t the first time I’ve been asked “Aren’t you excited.” It really makes me feel bad of course I’m excited!!
5 comments:
I think situations like that when someone corners you are always hard cause you don't want to lie and at the same time you don't want to divulge something just yet. I try to find a way around it but it looks like from your situation she was persistent. I think if it was me I would have said "you know what, I could be....but I really think its that I'm just tired". Leaving her with the impression that I didn't know. I'm sorry you had to divulge the news earlier than you wanted to and I know your hesitation in being excited.
Thanks for my package!!!!
First of all, I'm so jealous you had an ultrasound yesterday!!! I still have 4 long weeks until I get to see our babies again! As for the co-worker, I think I'd just stand my ground and lie if I wasn't ready to tell. Have you decided when you'll be open about your pregnancy? I told my husband (who is dying to shout it from the roof tops) that he could at 12 weeks. Now, I'm not sure if I'll be ready a week from today. I'd love to hold him off until our next ultrasound, but I'm not sure that will be possible!! I totally understand the 'not excited' thing. It is totally not about not being excited, OF COURSE we are. It is about being terrified that something could happen- IF really messes with our heads!!!
What a nosy, pushy person! Unfortunately in the situation you were put in you were a bit stuck and weren't left with many options, I would end up doing the same thing because I don't like lying but if I had time to think about it Mrs. H's suggestion is the best. Sorry you got put in that situation and yay for a good ultrasound!
You're right with me and a few others and I want to know, when do all of your books and dr.'s tell you the end of the first tri is??? I've got answers from 12 weeks to the end of 14 and at 13 weeks tomorrow I'm wanting that to be the 2nd tri already ;-)
Two words: human resources. Contact them and tell them about the incident. This person is a bully and had no right to corner you like that. In my mind, this qualifies as harassment.
Glad to her that everyone is healthy and you're almost through the first trimester. Huge milestone.
It's hard when people ask you and you're not ready- I'm sorry she trapped you! But I'm very glad that your NT scan was great. Mine is on Wednesday- we'll see how the twins cooperate.
Post a Comment